Borussia Dortmund sporting director Ole Book has addressed the recent false claims surrounding player Said El Mala in a clear statement. The volume of misinformation has been quite considerable, Book told reporters. The saga flared up after conflicting reports emerged about El Mala’s contract status and future at the club.

What happened?

The controversy began with rumors of a possible departure for El Mala during the summer of 2026. Since then, social media and some outlets have repeatedly spread false information about both transfer speculation and the player’s current situation at BVB. Book stressed that the club must set the record straight to end the confusion. BVB finished the 2025/26 season in second place with 73 points, 16 points adrift of Bayern Munich.

Why the misinformation hurts Borussia Dortmund

The spread of false claims can have serious repercussions for a club like Borussia Dortmund. Fans are unsettled, and potential transfers or contract talks may suffer as a result. Book explained that the club is now taking action against the misleading reports. On May 16, 2026, BVB beat Werder Bremen 2-0, a match that took place amid the swirl of rumors. The team showed strong form in the second half of the season and had just strung together four straight wins (WWWWL).

What’s next?

BVB plans to communicate the facts about El Mala’s situation transparently to curb further speculation. On the pitch, the club remains on track: with 70 goals scored and a solid defensive record of 34 conceded (+36 goal difference), the side is still in the title hunt. Nico Schlotterbeck is currently sidelined through injury, but the defense stays reliable. The coming weeks will show whether the club can finally silence the rumors.

BVB finished the 2025/26 season in second place with 73 points, 16 points behind Bayern Munich. The side had just strung together four consecutive wins and beat Werder Bremen 2-0 on May 16, 2026.